Posted under: Body
In fact, when I first heard the term on a TV commercial, I was a bit taken back by the whole conversation taking place in front of, well, everyone. But, LD is what we may have known it as a guy thing, and it ain’t just for the case when a friend wimps out on some challenge or task.
Well, to cut to the chase here, the question is will a key player to the game of our love plans even show up in that critical point of the game, call it LD, or ED, who cares? Yes, we’ve talked about this some in other places already, so let’s note these and move on… Check out these articles: Sexual Performance: Let’s Not Talk About It and Seven ‘Natural’ Supplements Every Man Should Know About
Today, after a quick review of some ED facts, we’re onto things you can eat that may you percolating better in that department.
The Hard Facts
Recent studies state that 1 in 10 men suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED) and it is largely us - the 40-70 year olds. Half of us are currently suffering from ED or impotence and about 30 million men will have experienced it whether long term or short term in the US. Although ED can be mental and/or physical, the good news is there are lifestyle choices that can bring things back up! Weight, diet and stress are huge contributors to ED - in fact 1 in 5 men suffer loss of libido due to work-related stress.
There are numerous medications to assist with ED and other performance issues, but they often offer some unappealing side effects. The good news is there are plenty of natural and less expensive dietary options to increase blood flow. A good erection is closely linked with the circulatory system and levels of dopamine in your brain which is the mental stimulant for arousal. So add these ‘stimulants’ to your menu and get cookin’!
Five Foods for Flawless Finishes!
1) Oysters or Shellfish. It’s not cliché at all; the whole story that oysters are an aphrodisiac is not a fantasy. This delicacy and their shell covered cousins are rich in zinc. Zinc is essential for the production of testosterone and sperm. As a bonus they contain dopamine, which increases your sex drive and libido.
Take advantage of the erotic process in preparing them; adding sizzle to the entire sensual scene. Visuals are advantageous for arousal and the statement like ‘your reputation precedes you’ will work wonders when your date speculates about oysters and all their hype!
2) Avocados. This bad boy does not scream sensual food but the Aztecs called the avocado tree a ‘testicle tree’ because of the fruits appearance and the Spanish conquerors spread the word that the avocado was a powerful sexual stimulant! It may not have the reputation of oysters but it packs the same power and let’s be honest - the Spaniards know their stuff here. This fruit is filled with folic acid for high energy levels, and vitamin B6 for increased production of male hormones. Another positive aspect is that B6 also assists in lowering stress levels, which is often a libido ‘downer’.
Let’s not forget about the potassium in avocados. Potassium helps balance sodium levels and keeps blood vessels from narrowing - which prevents blood flow and increases blood pressure. High blood pressure can inhibit blood flow to the penis, making an erection difficult to uphold. So serve this delicious fruit and use its sensual texture to your advantage!
3) Almonds & honey. This combo is sex in a bowl. They both stimulate blood flow and give your heart the help it needs for healthy ‘pumping’. But the benefits don’t stop there. Raw almonds have essential fatty acids that encourage healthy production of hormones while stimulating dopamine for sexual energy and drive.
Honey has high levels of B vitamins good for the production of male hormones, and the boron increases blood flow for amplified arousal! Put some almonds in a bowl for energy-nibbling and you don’t need any imagination to decide what to do with the honey!
4) Chili’s. Spice it up with chili peppers and jalapenos. These zingers expand blood vessels and immediately increase blood flow. They improve circulation to the downstairs plumbing and stimulate your nerve endings- resulting in sexual pleasure.
The increase in blood flow charges straight to the tip of the penis, which causes an erection. Spicing up your meal will reap great rewards but be aware that overdoing it may irritate your stomach – killing the mood.
And a word of advice: when handling chili’s- be sure to wash hands thoroughly before touching sensitive skin!
5) Bananas. Now don’t get any funny ideas, these are more than just a visual! Bananas are known for their potassium content. This potent fruit makes it an ideal energy booster for stamina and expands those blood vessels as well.
They also contain a secret ingredient for increased libido- bromelain enzymes, which has been known to actually reverse impotence in men. Its particular shape doesn’t hurt its reputation as an aphrodisiac either!
Don’t Do it Wrong!
Now things can get dicey when we're entertaining a lady and we can ruin all those wonderful thoughts of a happy ending if we're not aware of some date-night blunders. Big romantic dinners can actually be counter-productive if you eat the wrong foods so beware of refined sugars and carbohydrates, as they will put you in a slump and hinder circulation. Eating too much is a drag on the system as well – pulls blood into the digestive process. Champagne is great for setting the mood, or any alcohol, but if you drink too much, you’re working against yourself here and risk losing that sexual energy.